Sales Associates – Part/Full Time
We are looking for smart, outgoing, creative, friendly, engaging and confident individuals for part-time Storyteller positions. Our Storytellers are the face of STORY, interacting with customers to deliver exceptional customer service and our unique retail experience for the duration of each individual Story. Along with sales, Storytellers are also involved in merchandising and inventory. During our store turnover period, our associates work quickly and efficiently to help sort, count, package and return inventory to vendors and then receive new merchandise for the next Story. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive and loves connecting with people and getting them excited about cool products. S/he is unfazed by challenges and excited by the ever-changing nature of our business and wants to contribute to an energetic, growing team!
- Connecting with customers and approaching them throughout the sales floor to share knowledge and information about featured brands and products and driving product sales through customer engagement
- Being an ambassador of STORY’s brand and unique retail concept by conveying brand messages from training and upholding the Founder’s vision
- Maintaining floor presentation standards and restocking merchandise throughout the day
- Keeping pace with customers, balancing multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage time
- Working store events in whatever capacity is needed
- Counting and carefully packaging merchandise to be returned to vendors during turnover period and ensuring inventory accuracy through attention to detail and communication
- Specific responsibilities will vary with each Story and turnover period and will be clearly outlined by Management during pre-Story training
What You Bring to Us/Job Requirements
- You love to engage with people. You’re the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You have prior retail experience and an understanding of the need to do things differently and better in today’s retail world.
- You take pride in your work and will do what it takes to get a job done well.
- You maintain a positive outlook and love to smile.
- You are detail-oriented and love learning new things.
- You can work a flexible schedule which includes at least one weekend day.
Benefits include competitive pay, health insurance, paid time-off, semi-annual compensation review, bonus potential, company outings, great teammates and more!
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.